Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    pamn's Avatar
    pamn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 26, 2013, 12:48 PM
    If a mother leaves the country to care for a boyfriend for 10 to12 weeks and leaves her son with his dad, is that considered abandment in Arkansas? What can the father do?
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

    Sep 26, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Abandonment is when the child is left with no one to care for them, such as leaving child on street corner and walking away. As long as the child is left with an adult then it is not abandonment.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Sep 26, 2013, 01:26 PM
    No its not. What does the father want to do? It MIGHT be grounds to change custody, but based on what little you have told us, I doubt it.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,305, Reputation: 7692

    Sep 27, 2013, 12:42 AM
    There is no criminal charge, it may be used to ask for a change in custody, so father can file in family court to get legal custody

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My father is married to his second wife and he doesn't want to lose the things that he has worked hard for. His wife leaves for days at a time and the last time was for 3 weeks. He doesn't know what to do. He isn't sure if it is illegal to change the locks, pack her stuff and put it in his garage...

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

Can I request the courts to revoke all rights from my boy's dad since he does not pay his child support and has not seen my five year old in three years and has never seen his two year old.

Abandonment [ 0 Answers ]

My sons father has primary custody of our 3 boys 6 months ago he just dropped the youngest one off and has seen him twice and has no contact with him now what can I do

Abandonment [ 3 Answers ]

My wife abandon the family for over a year, now she want to return to the family, can I refuse her entry to the rented house of which she is not on the lease. If I permit her to return for an agreed ed time frame can I force her out of the rented house if she refuse to leave.

How do I get my ex for abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old son that his father doesn't really want to do with him. The only time he ever calls is to yell at me and try to make me drop the support order. He doesn't want anything to do with him and not to pay anything. Now his new wife and him call me and harass me about things and then...

View more questions Search