Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Katjetaime's Avatar
    Katjetaime Posts: 8, Reputation: 3
    New Member

    Feb 4, 2012, 08:37 PM
    14 Living In CA, How Do I Live With Family In Another State Without Parental Consent?
    I'm 14, almost 15, and I live in California with my parents and sister. My parents hate me and I'm depressed from living with them. My therapist says I really am depressed from being around them and how they treat me. Is there any legal way that I can live back east in Maryland with my aunt, uncle, and 3 cousins? Not full custody, just for 6 months to a year for a break to recover? Please no hurtful comments, I'm just wondering. I would never run away, also.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,292, Reputation: 7691

    Feb 4, 2012, 09:31 PM
    You run away and anyone that takes you in could be in legal trouble, and you would or could end up in Juv lock up.

    If your parents will agree to let you go live there and if that family member will allow it, they can arrange it. If your parents say no, there is no way you can move out till you are 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Own a house in one state and living with family in another? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are planning to move to NJ and keep our house in FL to let my children use while going to college during the last three months of the year. We will be living rent free with family in NJ. My wife will be working in NJ and I will be changing my address with my employer to NJ and will be...

I was born in karaikal, pondy state,my cousin sister and her family living in france [ 0 Answers ]

I was born in karaikal, pondy state,my cousin sister and her family living in france over 13 years, is there any oppurtunity for me to go to france for me if so what are the ways

Primary Residence - live/work in one state while family lives in another state [ 1 Answers ]

I jointly own a home in NY with my wife and this is our primary residence today. My wife is a home maker and does not go out for work. Recently I got a job with a company in Massachussettes. We decided to buy a condo near work in Massachussettes where I would live 4 days a week and come home to my...

Parental consent [ 4 Answers ]

The biological father of my stepchildren refuses to sign the consent form to allow my wife to renew their american passports abroad and bring them back to the states. They are both u.s. citizens. What if anything can we do? They were never married and he doesn't pay child support or makes any...

Parental consent form [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I am 17 years of age and I live in California. I want to get married in Arizona. In Arizona all you need is a notarized parental consent form. But I don't need my parent present to get my marriage licenese. Would a consent form from California be valid in Arizona and where would I get a...

View more questions Search