Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    higgins08's Avatar
    higgins08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 21, 2011, 09:57 AM
    13 yr old child doesn't want to see father. Will I be in contempt?
    father in prison 2 1/2 yrs out 5 mo seen kids about 20'xs. Hadn't tried to see them, they have asked 2x's to see him and he said no. he is drinking and doing drugs but doesn't want his mom to know so he lies and says he texts/call kids and they don't respond. He and his mom both say they don't want to anything to do with kids but now they want to see them at Christmas. Father's relative called to say the gmother is going to lay into them and tell them what horrible bratt kids they are because she believes her son. Kids now do not want to go at Christmas because of the adamosity (SP) between them & gmother. Dad lies to drink but doesn't want his mom to know truth so he lies about his kids. Do they have to go? Will I be in contempt, if they choose not to go?
    AK lawyer's Avatar
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977

    Dec 21, 2011, 10:53 PM
    You are the custodial parent and the father is attempting to enforce the terms of a custody & visitation order? He could perhaps claim that you somehow persuaded them to refuse to see him. So you should do everything you can to strongly encourage (i.e.: force) your children to see their father.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Dec 22, 2011, 04:52 AM
    You don't mention if there is a court order for visitation. If there is you could be cited for contempt if you do not make the children available for the visitation.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,292, Reputation: 7691

    Dec 22, 2011, 11:50 AM
    If and only if, there is a court order and if and only if, that court order says he gets them for visits on that specific date.

    I would have course call the mom up and explain things to her in real life, what is happening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support contempt [ 0 Answers ]

My children's father is on felony probation. Today he was found guilty of 4 counts of contempt for non payment of child support. He was sentenced to 180 days in jail. However, they gave him a deferred agreement. If he makes the full payment from now until he goes back to court on August 22 he...

What happens contempt child support California [ 6 Answers ]

I have an upcoming contempt hearing against my ex husband who owes just shy of $14k in back child support and medical/insurance support - an action initiated by me. The week before, he has a judgement debtor exam initiated by the DCSS because he has failed to follow the court ordered job search. ...

Child support contempt order [ 4 Answers ]

Do I need a lawyer to go to a contempt case? My ex is in contempt for contacting me and not exchanging taxes as agreed and signed by judge. I have court soon and I am not sure if I should go alone. He will have representation. Is this a complicated thing to do?

Contempt child support order [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone can help me. I recently filed an contempt order for my child father and the judge let him go making him pay an extra $150 a month. He didn't he paid everything, but $100 of what the judge ordered him to do. He owes me $8,000 in back child support. How can I file for...

Contempt order about child support [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to get as much advise as possible because I don't know what to do. I had a contemp order against my ex-husband, because he wasn't paying his court ordered child support. The ruling on this was that we would drop the contempt order if he would pay every month, on time and in the full...

View more questions Search