Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    SamanthaGarcia's Avatar
    SamanthaGarcia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 4, 2009, 04:53 PM
    13 & 15 kids want to live with mom but dad won't relinquish custody?
    What do we do.. I'm 21 and my younger siblings are 13 & 15 and they what to move in with my mother... But they currently live with my father whom will not relinquish custody... What should they do? I left right after I turned 18 because my father is not a good man... And my mother was mia at the time but has come back with flying colors and brought a kind of love and live back into there lives they haven't had in a long time...
    stevetcg's Avatar
    stevetcg Posts: 3,694, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

    May 4, 2009, 04:57 PM

    Your mother can file for a change of custody and your siblings might be heard in court... but ultimately it will be fore the judge to decide. His decision will be based on what is in the best interest of the kids.

    THEY can do nothing except try to talk your mother into filing for custody.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,292, Reputation: 7691

    May 4, 2009, 06:45 PM

    I will give a HMMM mom who is missing in action lost custody for that reason.

    Has she paid child support, how for behind is she ?

    There is no reason dad has to give up custody he earned and has done the work.

    Why is he not a good dad ?

    But as noted it is up to a judge when mom files, but she will have to explain her absence, and show how she has visited and been paying her child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s kids movie, fantacy,with a dwarf, live actors [ 27 Answers ]

OK, this is very scetchy to me. I used to rent this movie a lot as a kid. It could be late 70s or 80s. I remember a young boy and girl (maybe 9-12yr) I think brother and sister. I think the movie starts in there house, and this dwarf of some kind/small fantasy creature/little man appears. I...

I want to live with my mom but my dad has custody over me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have a question regarding my situation. Ok well my parents were never married but they did separate when I was eight and me and my siblings got stuck living with my dad. So anyway me and my siblings want to live with our mom so we told her and she started going to court to try to win us...

Ex Husband living in 1 bedroom and kids will live there during the summer [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband lives in a one-bedroom house. During the school year, the boys are there on alternate weekends. This summer however, they will stay with him, and I will get them alternate weekends. -His girlfriend stays over at his house, sometimes when the boys are there. -We do not have a...

What age can kids choose what parent to live with? [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I have 2 step kids who live with their mother in the state of NJ. The kids lived with my boyfriend and I for 1 yr in FL. There was no custody trail and their mother wanted the kids back in NJ. To prevent a bad custody trail, we sent the kids back. Their mother promised them a nice apt in a...

Live action/cartoon kids movie from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

What is the name of a movie that aired on the Disney Channel in the 80's or 90's but probably made in the 70's: it was a combination of live action and cartoon? The main boy in the film had a British accent and he falls into a pond and becomes a cartoon. He has to save a princess named,...

View more questions Search