Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klt316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Posts on concrete deck
    I have a 2nd story concrete deck made with Polydeck... new construction home... and wish to put up railing... Would like to use aluminum balusters that look like wrought iron, probably "Deckorator" line... and Trex post and rail supports... But what would be the best method to attach the Trex posts to the concrete deck?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 30, 2007, 06:46 PM
    You can buy galvanized 4x4 boxes in the same area as the Trex posts. The boxes are masonary screwed to the concrete then the post fits inside the box. You can add trim at the base to hide the edges of the box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ugly deck stain [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a house and the deck is stained a country blue color. I assume it's stain because it's faded and no paint is chipping off. Is there any way to change the color of the deck? We'd like to stain it a dark reddish brown. We're not sure if we can just stain over it or if we have to...

Belts... deck... [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Yard Machine from MTD... 15 HORSE POWER, 42 inches... yardmachine Model No. 13A6672G129... and my constant problem iw with belts. 1. what would be the correct/appropriatge belt for this particular model? 2. whenever I changed belt (PURCHASED FROM HOME DEPOT)... claimed to be the...

Deck Stains [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Folks can any one point me in the right direction in choosing a good deck stain... Something that will. LAST... Thanks much...

Distance of deck posts? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm planning to build a deck attached to the end of my house. It will be 12 feet out from the house. The posts will be 2 x 10" concrete blocks (to be covered with artificial stack rock). How far apart can my posts be. Is 12.4foot centers too far apart? This would cause about 11 foot of span between...

View more questions Search