Ask
    xfaller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Trap primer
    What is a trap primer for
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 02:46 PM
    It is a device designed to squirt water into a p-trap whenever there is a change in system pressure.

How it operates has nothing to do with its intended use, by the way.

Its intended use is to continually add water to a p-trap that doesn't see regular use, such as a basement floor drain or an indirect drain used to collect condensate from an air conditioner.

If calibrated correctly, the trap primer will squirt out a quick burst of water every time it senses a sudden change in pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Primer and Paint [ 3 Answers ]

I have put primer over a black wall and want to paint it orange. The problem is I put 4 coats of paint and it's not covering.I have A thick expensive paint and don't understand.I was told to put More coats until it's covered.Is this what I should do?

What happens if you used primer on ABS pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I Know the directions say not to but what happens if purple primer was used on ABS at glue up. Will there be a problem with the fittings:eek:

Replace P-trap with drum trap--good idea? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a large crack in a cast iron waste line. The line at that point serves just the kitchen sink and is vented to the roof. The first plumber I called wants to disconnect the P-trap, install a drum trap, drill through the cabinet and floor, and connect to the waste line down below the crack....

Trap primer [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I need a trap primer for a drain?

P-trap GAP - p-trap too low to meet sink drain extension [ 13 Answers ]

I just took an old crane drexel sink off the wall and replaced it for the time being ( I want to fix the older sink) with a cheap vanity/sink set. All that was easy enough, but now to my chagrin I can't finish the job. The p trap is too low, the extension pipe from the sink doesn't go all...

View more questions Search