Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristine65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2006, 05:25 PM
    Leafguard gutters
    We're about to engage a company to replace our gutters with "leafguard", one piece gutters. While checking the web for distributors in another family members town, I discovered A LOT of unhappy owners of one piece gutter systems. Most are saying that they are more hassle then they are worth due to birds, wasps, plants growing in the grooves from seeds that don't wash away, etc. I'm getting cold feet as the only positive postings seem to be from distributors! Any owners out there that can give me feedback?
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jun 27, 2006, 05:33 PM
    I don't have them, but I did have my gutters replaced last year and the company I went with told me I shouldn't get them. They weren't worth the money. You can also say they might persuade you not to get them so they can get the money to have them clean out your gutters when they get clogged. I have heard a lot of bad things about them also. They don't keep the all the leaves and stuff out and actually divert the water out of the gutter. We'll see what other people say. There might be experts in that area.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2006, 05:48 PM
    I put up those plastic leaf guards ( bought them at walmart marked down)
    Cost me less than a dollar a foot, they slide under the shingle and just snap to the gutter.

For under 200 dollars did my whole house and they work fine. And if I need to snap them off I can.
    heatherrros Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2009, 10:12 AM
    My gutters used to clog all the time with leaves and pine needles from all the trees around my house. My husband hated getting out the ladder and cleaning them. I finally installed a gutter guard so that we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. It's called Gutterglove Gutterguard. It's has a stainless steel mesh on an aluminum frame. It looks and feels pretty heavy duty. I ordered it and installed it myself. I am so happy with the way it is preforming. We don't have to clean the gutters anymore. It was well worth the investment and I would recommend it to everyone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gutters: What to Look For? [ 7 Answers ]

I want to fit gutters on my house. Presently, the house has only a drip edge. But with a new roof and paint job just completed, I think adding gutters, (south FL location; lots of rain), is a wise move. Never having done this before, can someone point me in the right direction? What's good,...

Gutters or no gutters [ 4 Answers ]

I don't have them now but I want them because during heavy rain.. water seeps into basement and sump pump gets rid of it... I want to cut down on water seepage but I cannot afford to repair basement at this moment... will gutters be OK and how do I protect them from ice and snow come winter?I live...

Gutters [ 1 Answers ]

I need help selecting a "gutter guard" product. Do they really work, or do they just slow down the build-up? Which works best? My open gutters get full of debris, but I can easily clean them with a leaf blower. The guard systems have to have openings for water, and it seems like they may trap...

View more questions Search