Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    shablue55's Avatar
    shablue55 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Mar 19, 2012, 08:57 AM
    How to replace a window in an awning type window.
    I have an awning type window in my house and the window has lost all of the vacuum between the glass. How do I take the pane of glass out of the window so I can replace I. The frame is plastic.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Mar 19, 2012, 09:51 AM
    I don't know what an Awning type window is... but if its anything like the usual Vinyl windows, the "plastic" actually vinyl as fused when the windows are made... if it is such a type... you can't do it yourself... you will have to have a window place do it... and if I am not mistaken, they have to make a new frame around the glass at that time to match the old one. If they cut the old plastic enough doesn't remain to fuse them a second time.
    JackOfFewTrades's Avatar
    JackOfFewTrades Posts: 11, Reputation: 0
    New Member

    Mar 20, 2012, 09:21 AM
    An awning window is a window that opens up with a crank, like a casement window but up and down instead of left and right. You should have vinyl couplers that are holding the sealed unit in place. The frames are built separate and the glass is put in last so when they put the insert in they use couplers, barbed pieces of plastic usually with a rubber seal on one side that goes against the glass. It isn't very difficult to pop them off but you will need a small stiff putty knife to get in behind it to start prying it out. I can't find any good pictures to show you unfortunately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would you want to work ina module window instead of the classic view window to en [ 1 Answers ]

Why would you want to work in a module window instead of the classic view window to enter transactions? In simply accounting

Gapco window leaking.replacement part or whole new window? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have Gapco windows in my 1994 townhome and the small hard rubber flat part along the bottom of the window that is to keep out rain water has shrunk and now lets water leak in during a rain. Can I replace that piece or do I need a whole new window? Thanks so much for your advice. ...

Replace window [ 2 Answers ]

How can I replace newer windows that have the flange around the outside of window and attached to house under the siding?

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

View more questions Search