Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    betty scruggs's Avatar
    betty scruggs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 12, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Home improvements
    I am a widow, living on disability of $690.00 per month,and my old trailor is falling down around me. How do I get a grant to get it fixed?
    starshine1's Avatar
    starshine1 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Jul 15, 2009, 10:40 AM
    From usgov. Website: Call your city or county Human Services Department for help in finding affordable housing or homelessness assistance. For help with home repairs, call the city or county Building Officer, or speak to a Building Inspector.

    Or... go to that is a site where you can serch for grants in your area with out paying for those so called grant kits. They have all types of grants you can search for and it also has a help page
    darrellg's Avatar
    darrellg Posts: 10, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 23, 2009, 06:39 PM
    Betty,sorry about your trailor.With the way the government is run these days if you got a dollar from the Government they would probably charge a dollor and a half in taxes. I know in Columbus Ohio there are local church groups that travel around the state helping folks like yourself as community projects. I don't know where you live but I would first do a little checking through the church network. The LORD works in mysterious ways . I'll say a little prayer myself.
    kloubier's Avatar
    kloubier Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 23, 2009, 07:54 PM

    Betty if you lived in my area I help a lot of people in the same situation,I own my own home remodeling company and also do all the warranty work from three major factories in and around ga.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Improvements grants for disabled [ 5 Answers ]

I am in need of grant money either government or private to use for remodeling the home that I own for handicap accesability, or possibly purchasing a home - a substantial amount is needed because the house is both old and small. Are there any legitimate resources free help with that ? I am a 44...

Home improvements [ 2 Answers ]

I need help to find a grant on improving my home for a handicapped person who lives in my home?

Home improvements gone bad- statute of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

In 2006 we hired a contracter to remodel our kitchen. It was supposed to take 6-8 weeks, 2 years later it's still not complete. The company we hired screwed up so much and hit us with what we feel was an outrageous "extras" amount towards the end(12K), we've already paid them more than 54K. I...

Manufactored Home Improvements [ 1 Answers ]

I searched this whole site for the answer, but surprisingly it doesn't look like it's ever been asked. My father-in-law bought an older Mobile Home and is giving it an almost complete overhaul. He asked me for my "input/ideas" for the best way to run wiring between the ceiling and the outside of...

View more questions Search