Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kit78eo's Avatar
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Jan 16, 2016, 10:47 AM
    Thank you letter to State Troopers?
    I wanted to show my appreciation and support for our local State Troopers by writing them a thank you letter. I also wanted the whole department to read it. I was just wondering if it would be weird if I did write them one? Would they care or appreciate it? I was really unsure about the whole idea, and was wondering what you guys thought. I also thought that it might be helpful to include the letter in the question. So here it is:


    Dear Officers,
    I just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you. Thank you for who you are, what you do, and what you stand for. You risk your lives every day to protect people you have never met, and do it willingly. The bravery and courage you show and the sacrifices you make constantly are unbelievable. You are true heroes. And with every thing you go through, you still never give up. I can never fully express how grateful I am for all officers. It seems like people are always making negative remarks about Police Officers, and it hurts so bad every time they do it. It seems like people are always putting officers down, but I wanted to let you know that there are people out there who love you guys. You deserve nothing but respect and honor. And under no circumstance do you deserve a negative or rude comment. You are amazing people; please don't ever forget that. Officers have always had a special place in my heart. May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you safe. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for your service.


    Yours truly,
    Xxxxxxx
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,813, Reputation: 5427
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #2

    Jan 16, 2016, 11:05 AM
    Beautiful!

    Just one suggestion: break it up into paragraphs. (And depending on how many troopers there are, I might even include a gift card to Dunkin' Donuts or a local bakery.)
    catonsville's Avatar
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91
    Senior Member
     
    #3

    Jan 16, 2016, 12:13 PM
    I am sure they will be very happy to receive your "thank you", in as much, as the police have been subjected negatively to the limelight lately.
    Kit78eo's Avatar
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #4

    Jan 16, 2016, 12:42 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to respond; you have a good idea, but I'm not sure how many troopers there are at the station. I know I would give the gift card with the letter, but I don't want to be cheap. I know that there are a lot of them there and I didn't want to underestimate and give them too little. Does this even make any sense?


    One more thing how many paragraphs should I separate it into. Its not that long so maybe two? (I'm pretty bad at writing and wasn't sure. I want this to be the best letter I ever wrote.)
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,813, Reputation: 5427
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #5

    Jan 16, 2016, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit78eo View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to respond; you have a good idea, but I'm not sure how many troopers there are at the station. I know I would give the gift card with the letter, but I don't want to be cheap. I know that there are a lot of them there and I didn't want to underestimate and give them too little. Does this even make any sense?
    Then skip the gift card. Probably too many mouths to feed....

    One more thing how many paragraphs should I separate it into. Its not that long so maybe two? (I'm pretty bad at writing and wasn't sure. I want this to be the best letter I ever wrote.)
    Here's what I would do:

    Dear Officers,

    I just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you. Thank you for who you are, what you do, and what you stand for. You risk your lives every day to protect people you have never met, and do it willingly. The bravery and courage you show and the sacrifices you make constantly are unbelievable. You are true heroes. And with every thing you go through, you still never give up.

    I can never fully express how grateful I am for all officers. It seems like people are always making negative remarks about Police Officers, and it hurts so bad every time they do it. It seems like people are always putting officers down, but I wanted to let you know that there are people out there who love you guys. You deserve nothing but respect and honor. And under no circumstance do you deserve a negative or rude comment. You are amazing people; please don't ever forget that.

    Officers have always had a special place in my heart. May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you safe. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

    Thank you so much for your service.

    Yours truly,
    Xxxxxxx
    Kit78eo's Avatar
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #6

    Jan 16, 2016, 01:01 PM
    Ok got it. Thank you sooo much; you were extremely helpful. Thank you for your time and help.

    Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man
     
    #7

    Jan 17, 2016, 07:49 AM
    Why not write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper? If they don't publish it then you can mail it to the Captain or Community Affairs officer at the station.
    Catsmine's Avatar
    Catsmine Posts: 3,827, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert
     
    #8

    Jan 17, 2016, 08:07 AM
    One other suggestion: In most cases Troopers are more highly trained than local police, so you might consider using the term "Troopers" in the 4th sentence from the end. Leave the part about police officers being put down because that applies to all Law Enforcement, but make your praise specific to the Troopers in that office.
    teacherjenn4's Avatar
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 3,998, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert
     
    #9

    Jan 17, 2016, 11:32 AM
    I would bake a large batch of homemade cookies and take them into the station. That would make it extra special!
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,813, Reputation: 5427
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #10

    Jan 17, 2016, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    I would bake a large batch of homemade cookies and take them into the station. That would make it extra special!
    I already suggested bakery treats, but there are too many (??) troopers. (I don't think the exact number is known.)
    I know that there are a lot of them there and I didn't want to underestimate and give them too little. Does this even make any sense?
    teacherjenn4's Avatar
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 3,998, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert
     
    #11

    Jan 17, 2016, 12:43 PM
    Yes, but no one suggested homemade. Hubby (retired law enforcement) suggested it. A big batch of homemade cookies is always appreciated. We get them dropped off at work occasionally. Even though the whole staff can't partake, it is the thought that counts.
    Kit78eo's Avatar
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #12

    Jan 17, 2016, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Why not write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper? If they don't publish it then you can mail it to the Captain or Community Affairs officer at the station.
    I didn't want to publish it in the newspaper because for me it seems too impersonal if you know what I mean. I think it would be nicer if I personally gave them a hand written letter. That also brings up another question. I was wondering that if I was going to give it to them how can I be sure that everybody there would have the chance to read it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    One other suggestion: In most cases Troopers are more highly trained than local police, so you might consider using the term "Troopers" in the 4th sentence from the end. Leave the part about police officers being put down because that applies to all Law Enforcement, but make your praise specific to the Troopers in that office.
    Ok I'll probably change it then. Thanks for pointing that out.

    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Yes, but no one suggested homemade. Hubby (retired law enforcement) suggested it. A big batch of homemade cookies is always appreciated. We get them dropped off at work occasionally. Even though the whole staff can't partake, it is the thought that counts.

    YEAH! That's a lot more practical. Wondergirl suggested a gift card, but actually baking something would probably be a better idea. Thank you for the suggestion....you know...I was thinking, since baking cookies and stuff seems so common do you think that I could do something else that would be just as nice as giving them cookies but different? Maybe not but just curious.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,813, Reputation: 5427
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #13

    Jan 17, 2016, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Yes, but no one suggested homemade. Hubby (retired law enforcement) suggested it. A big batch of homemade cookies is always appreciated. We get them dropped off at work occasionally. Even though the whole staff can't partake, it is the thought that counts.
    And more than one batch can be made, maybe a variety assortment -- chocolate chip and brownies and sugar cookies and oatmeal cookies and date-nut bars and something caramel-y and peanut butter cookies and and and -- oh, my! now I want to bake cookies!

    Maybe we ALL should take this thread as a hint to do something similar for our own local police force. Whaddya think?
    teacherjenn4's Avatar
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 3,998, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert
     
    #14

    Jan 17, 2016, 02:44 PM
    Homemade says hubby and he said any baked goods. Our local fire department appreciates them, too.
    Kit78eo's Avatar
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #15

    Jan 17, 2016, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And more than one batch can be made, maybe a variety assortment -- chocolate chip and brownies and sugar cookies and oatmeal cookies and date-nut bars and something caramel-y and peanut butter cookies and and and -- oh, my! now I want to bake cookies!

    Maybe we ALL should take this thread as a hint to do something similar for our own local police force. Whaddya think?
    Oh my goodness! That would be sooo cool to get a group of people t agree to do that! And then when we do that we could update each other on what we made and how it went giving it to them.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,813, Reputation: 5427
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #16

    Jan 17, 2016, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit78eo View Post
    Oh my goodness! That would be sooo cool to get a group of people t agree to do that! And then when we do that we could update each other on what we made and how it went giving it to them.
    And don't ignore the firemen, like teacherjenn mentioned!

    For Valentine's Day????
    Kit78eo's Avatar
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #17

    Jan 17, 2016, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And don't ignore the firemen, like teacherjenn mentioned!
    Oh right, sorry, yeah we could do them too. Maybe we could do like chocolate chip and brownies for the Troopers and sugar and oatmeal cookies for the firefighters. Or something like that.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,813, Reputation: 5427
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #18

    Jan 17, 2016, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit78eo View Post
    Oh right, sorry, yeah we could do them too. Maybe we could do like chocolate chip and brownies for the Troopers and sugar and oatmeal cookies for the firefighters. Or something like that.
    Or a chocolate thing and a non-chocolate thing for each group, in case of chocolate allergies.
    Kit78eo's Avatar
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #19

    Jan 17, 2016, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Or a chocolate thing and a non-chocolate thing for each group, in case of chocolate allergies.
    Oh right that's a really good idea. Sorry I completely forgot about people might having allergies to chocolate. Oops...

    Oh and while we're on the allergy thing, then I don't think that we should bake anything that has peanut butter in it either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And don't ignore the firemen, like teacherjenn mentioned!

    For Valentine's Day????
    This may sound weird but can we do it on March 7? Would you mind? Just because that date would work the best for me.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,813, Reputation: 5427
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #20

    Jan 17, 2016, 05:56 PM
    You pick the date that works best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages. [ 6 Answers ]

I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

I live in Illionis an I just recvied a letter from the state saying I have to appear [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a letter stating I have to appear in court this month for child support that was ordered by the state NOT me.The child's father has not been in his life an has not paid anything to support him.It is now 11 years later an we are not wanting child support.Now I have received medical...

Starship troopers [ 21 Answers ]

Hello. Surprise surprise! I'm not asking you to FIND me a movie for once :D I just watched starship troopers for the first time. (yes I know, I'm behind in the times) And I have to ask... was it INTENTIONALLY made funny? It just seems really CHEESY to me somehow. It has some...

Delenquent State Tax from 2005 Letter [ 1 Answers ]

I got a letter from the Kansas Dept of Rev. stating that my "federal tax information does not match the amount reported on your state return." They say I somehow reported 4349 less income on my state taxes... I can't find my info for 2005 and I just realized that this says it was due 3/29 not 4/15!...


View more questions Search