Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lex luthr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 10:43 AM
    Got fired and no one will hire me till I do 1 yr or 6 mnths with another company.
    I was one of the top 10 drivers at my job at schneider my awesome boss transferred to another account,then I got a new boss he liked me at first,I was doing special assignments for him but when I backed down from training a new hire to go on the road with as a team,and told him to speak to me like a professional,well his attitude changed and he turned on me and fired me for going 57 mph (2 mph overspeed) and entering a drivway on the wrong side it was a type of driveway that was real wide further down it bottle necks then you hve to get on the right at security.Bottom line is I got fired and now I can't get a job because of my termination.No companies will take me unless I do a year or 6 months with another company.Its a cycle leading me nowhere.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 11:54 AM

I understand the problem - but what is your question?

Are you disputing the firing?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 19, 2011, 12:44 PM
    Like many people in this situation, you go back to whatever you can get, bicycle messenger if you have to.
    You were a top driver and got conceited about who was the boss and who was the underling. You know you didn't get fired for going 2 miles over, you got fired for refusing to do what you were told to do, and didn't even use reason or logic to try to get out of it, you mouthed off. By ordering him to speak to you like a professional, you were unprofessional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Trucking company in NC that will hire a felon [ 1 Answers ]

I was convicted (pea arrangement) of felony embezzlement in 2006, I have been an OTR driver for the past 16 years with a clean driving record and good work history, but I can't find anyone who will even talk to me with a felony. Anyone have any advice or know a company that will hire you with a...

Will companies hire a worker they fired previously? [ 8 Answers ]

I was fired from a job few years ago and I recently learned the same position is open now. Since the main reason I got fired was mainly for missing work one too many days, and now I have that issue taken care of, I believe I will be the best candidate for the position (having knowledge of their...

View more questions Search