Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KevinG Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 10:56 AM
    Basement Rough In Pipes
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum but would like to know how I can tell what pipes are what in my basement rough-in. I currently have 3 pipes sticking up from the floor. The bigger one is for the toilet I assume but I have 2 smaller ones, one of which is sticking through a part of the floor which has been framed out and contains rocks. Any ideas? The other 2 (the toilet and the second smaller one) are actually sticking out from the concrete floor.

Thanks in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 7, 2005, 11:44 AM
    Hi Kevin,

That's easy.
    The large pipe's the toilet. The pipe coming out of the boxed in rocks is a bath tub stub-up and the pipe next to the wall is for the lavatory and vent pipe out the roof. Once you get to working I'll be glad to help with the measurements and installation. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement rough-in [ 3 Answers ]

I've seen a few of the posts w/ similar topics, and I think I'm on the right track. Just looking for confirmation from some experts. The center of the tub rough in drain is about 15.5" from the wall I'm puttting in and about 2" from the back wall I'm set to screw down. Question is, will a std....

Basement rough-in: dap out [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out if my roughed in bath is missing something or not and wondering if I am going to have to redo any of my framing. I have the 4" and 2" drains in the toilet area and a 12"x12" dap out for the tub. Well I took the cover off the dap out to take...

Pipes in new basement floor [ 7 Answers ]

I'm going to be putting in a bathroom in the basement of my new house but I'm not sure what the connections are for. I have a 12"X12 box right in the concrete floor. I haven't cut it open but I think that is for the shower? I have one larger capped tube coming straight up and I think that is for...

Pipes in basement floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to put a sink in my basement, but I don't know where to drain it. Basically I have three pipes in my cement floor and I don't know what they are for. 1. There are two pipes that are coming up from the ground at a 45 deg angle. They both have a cap with a square bolt on it. One...

Basement rough in [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I built my house about 3 years ago and I'd like to finish the basement. The bathroom was setup for a shower, sink and toilet. My question is how to install everything. I have 2 pipes coming up from the floor both 3.5"dia capped. I also have a square patch in the floor for the shower drain I...

View more questions Search