Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gntimko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 07:17 PM
    How do I add verizon email to my default email server for intermet explorer
    On the tool bar if you go to Intenet Options and to Programs Under which service does windows use for each Internet service how do you add verizon to the email user?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 07:50 PM

I read this question totally WRONG. Let's see what I can do.

Internet explorer is NOT an email application. What this page is used for are for links that look like mailto:[email protected]

You have to designate a program to use for email. Outlook Express is a free one. Outllook is not. Mozilla.org - Home of the Mozilla Project makes an email program (Thunderbird?) for free.

I do urge you to drop IE and go to Firefox for most of your browsing.

I tried to find the info to set up the servers for Outllook on Verizon's website and could not. I won't publicly post the server names and ports.

If you use Verizon's webmail, I think the best you can do is save Verizon's email page as a favorite.

Does this help a little?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Comcast email server losing email [ 2 Answers ]

My comcast account won't let any email through to me except those I send to myself and those comcast sends to me to test the address. I use their website to retrieve email and do not use outlook. They have not been helpful in solving the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can...

Email/server problem [ 7 Answers ]

I am having trouble getting all my email off the server. The chain: This PC with Mandrake 10 OS, NS 4.8, a hardwired ether net Belkin 4 port Cable/DSL Gateway Router, a Motorola SB4100 cable modem, Bright House cable, Road Runner, pop-server.xxxxxxxxxx.rr.com. I have NS set to check for email...

View more questions Search