Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamakimmer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 11:09 AM
    How do you change RF signal on Hampton Bay (#55295) fan?
    Hi,

I have the Hampton Bay model #55295 with the remote.. the problem is that we have 2 of them in rooms next to each other so we constantly turn each other's on or off. I'm trying to find the RF swich on the fan, but I can't find it anywhere (on the fan). Does anyone know how to change it on the fan?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 11:13 AM
    You need to change the tiny dip switches on both the remote hand unit and the fan. Open the remote first and look for 4-5 very small slide switches, they are either on or off. Your fan has a similar set bof mswitches with the same on/off sequence setting. Just change one switch on both the remote and the fan. The fan switches may be in the canopy nearer the ceiling.
    iamakimmer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    You need to change the tiny dip switches on both the remote hand unit and the fan. Open the remote first and look for 4-5 very small slide switches, they are either on or off. Your fan has a similar set bof mswitches with the same on/off sequence setting. Just change one switch on both the remote and the fan. The fan switches may be in the canopy nearer the ceiling.

I know about the remote... I just can't find the fan one... I think it might be right in the center. There's a circular disc, like a small plastic can. I think it's in there because it's attached to a few wires. I can't seem to open it though :confused: It doesn't make it easy that my ceiling is over 15 foot and I only have a 6 foot ladder either
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 07:55 PM
    That disc or can sounds like to attachment point for a light kit. It might be there on some models but you need a better ladder. Don't get yourself injured because you didn't have the right equipoment.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 02:59 PM
    It may be at ceiling under canopy. Leave the higher one alone. Change code on lower
    Of the 2 fans.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 09:56 PM
    The receiver is either in the ceiling canopy, in the switch housing (where the light mounts), or inside the motor housing.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan direction change [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HB fan that I can not find a model number for. The fan uses remote model UC7076T. Can anyone tell me how to change the direction of the fan, I can not find a switch on the fan and the remote does not have a direction button on it. Thanks and Hurry it is hot... :mad:

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton Bay Model 55295 replace lights [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Hampton Bay celing fan Model 55295, 54 In. Brushed Steel Windward II With Remote. It's about 3.5 years old and the lights inside it have been burning out & now it's very dim. How do I get the cover off so I can replace the light? I went to HD & they opened a new box for me...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - How to change frequency? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Windward II) and it turns on by itself a lot. I'm assuming it's because I live in a condo and my neighbors have an appliance that operates on the same frequency. How can I change the frequency of my fan to eliminate it from turning on/off at random times? ...

View more questions Search