Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lajones623 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Hampton Bay replacement parts
    My landlord installed a new Hampton Bay Huntington III ceiling fan and it's solid white. I understand why they choose white and beige in rental property, but I'm going to be here for another year and can't stand the white fan with beige walls!! :eek:

Can anyone direct me to a site where I can purchase replacement globes and fan blades that can easily be removed when I move?? I'm in need of some color!!

Thanks!

Laura
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 05:17 AM
    I would Paint the walls, Leave the fan alone. No matter what you do to the fan, wall will still be beige. White goes with anything.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Hampton Bay is a Home Depot store brand. You can buy blades there and maybe different globes but not always. Many box stores sell globes and blades and they do not necessarily have to say Hampton Bay. They must be a perefct fut wherever you buy them. Whatever you do, paint or buy blades, it must be done with your landlords agreement and must be undone when you move. I once allowed a tenant to paint one wall China Red with the agreement that he would repaint beige when he left. I won't be doing that anymore.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 11:46 AM
    The Huntington model fan has the easy-install blades that do not screw in like normal blades. Only other Huntington blades will fit it. You cn order a set from Hampton Bay. Probably easier to change out the entire fan, and change it back when you move.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2007, 11:51 AM
    In my opinion changing out the fan is easier than painting. Keep in m ind that all of this requires your landlords permission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any websites selling Hampton Bay parts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have an old (not to mention really cheap) Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light. They both operate from pull switches. One of the switches (light switch) broke. I am looking for a replacement switch. The switch is soldered directly to the bulb socket. I'm sure if necessary, I could do the...

Hampton bay replacement ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan because the blades broke off the original in Hurricane Katrina. My fan is attached to the 30 foot ceiling by an extended pole. Is there anyway to replace the fan at the end of the pole instead of having to get to the ceiling box which will require scaffolding? Thanks...

Hampton Bay replacement light cover broken [ 1 Answers ]

How do I order a replacement bulb cover that is broken for my Hampton Bay fan? Anyone have the 800 #? Thanks

Local hampton bay parts house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Mediterranian 52" fan, and I broke the downlight swirled allibaster glass... I need a location in my area for that particular part... My Zip Code is 85206, in Mesa AZ. I will also accept a mailing address for such a part that is not necessarily in my area... Please Help

Hampton Bay replacement part [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay wall sconce and I broke the glass. Home Depot doesn't carry it anymore and I can't find a website for Hampton bay to find a replacement. Anyone know where I could find it? Thanks, Bill

View more questions Search