Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrhall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2015, 01:06 PM
    Attempting to replace the slip joint nut under my kitchen sink.
    Hi there, I am attempting to replace the slip joint nut under my kitchen sink. The old one essentially disintegrated and broke off. I bought the replacement piece however I realized that I can't get the nut onto my copper pipe because the dishwasher waste nib is in the way. How can I replace the nut then?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2015, 01:16 PM
    I will guess you are talking about a tailpiece nut. You need to replace the whole tail piece as the DW connection is integral to the piece. They are less than $5 at HD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extremely recalcitrant slip-joint nut on p-trap [ 1 Answers ]

Live in a single-wide motor home. Have a clog in the kitchen sink and so am attempting to remove the plastic p-trap to see if that is where the clog is. Removed the slip-joint nut nearest the sink - piece of cake. But the other SJN just doesn't want to turn. I've used channel locks to try and...

Broken slip joint nut (metal drain pipe) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've seen some great answers on this site and I was looking for a fix for this. I just installed a new faucet and the drain that came with it. In removing the slip nut joining the trap to the pipe coming out of the wall, the nut basically tore on the top side of it so that it exposes the...

Broken Slip Joint Nut [ 5 Answers ]

While replacing the bathroom sink in an old house, the slip joint connecting the pipe coming from the wall to the P trap broke. Unfortunately, there is a lip on the end of the pipe coming from the wall, so I can't simply slip a new slip joint nut onto the pipe coming from the wall. I removed the...

Sink Drain slip joint doesn't fit [ 1 Answers ]

So I am finishing the installation of a new vanity and am stuck on the last step. The new Facuet has a 1-1/4" drain pipe, which becuase the new vanity is higher, ends about 3" above the previousily installed PC trap. The drain is also about 1" off center. I went to Home Depot and got a 1-1/2"...

Kitchen Sink faucet - odd nut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new at this so figure I'll just jump right in and be ignorant... We have a kitchen sink faucet (American Standard I think) that seems to have a retaining nut under it that defies logic. I've replaced the faucet, drain, etc in the bathrooms and it was nothing like this. This kitchen...

View more questions Search