Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coldtoe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 07:39 PM
    viking vgsc306 replaced igniter oven won't stay on what wrong
    Viking vgsc306 range oven replaced igniter,oven will not stay on. What else wrong.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2014, 11:28 PM
    The igniter just lights a pilot and then a flame rod proves the flame. Probably the only problem was that the flame rod was dirty. It looks like a platinum spark plug and extends into the flame. If it's dirty it will not conduct electricity and prove the flame is on. Clean it with some 3000 grit sand paper and all will be well. Your igniter was most likely good. They do not usually go out very often. In 35 years I have only had one bad. Dirt is the cause almost every time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Viking Range won't stay on [ 0 Answers ]

We purchased a house with a 10-year old Gas viking range installed. Model is VGSC306-4BSS. The igniters had been replaced about two months ago (prior to us moving in). Now, the oven will ignite when it is turned on, and the set temperature will be reached. Then the burners shut off for 30...

If the burners won't light, should the igniter be replaced [ 0 Answers ]

The gas was turned on and off as the manual reads and the thermastat was replaced.

95 honda civic ignition won't stay on. Already replaced once [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 95 honda civic ex. When we got the car we were told the ignition was bad and we found out for ourselves when we tried to start it. Every time we start it, the car starts but when it kicks back to the run position, the car shuts off. I did some research online and was reassured by many...

Replaced thermocouple furnace still won't stay lite [ 2 Answers ]

Our furnace was pushing out cold air, my husband replaced the thermocouple and now the furnace will lite, then about 20 seconds later the light will go out and the whole furnace will stop working. It is a Coleman forced heat. Please give us some help

View more questions Search