Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handymanJ Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Lamp, trips, circuit breaker
    My dog knocked over my lamp and tripped the circuit breaker, when I reset the circuit breaker it trips again. What could be the problem?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 25, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Unplug the lamp and try the breaker again. If still trips you might have a bad breaker. -- note I am just a farm boy -- not a electrician.-- Savage
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 26, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSavage
    Unplug the lamp and try the breaker again. If still trips you might have a bad breaker. -- note I am just a farm boy -- not a electrician.-- Savage
    Hey Savage, You and I are in the same club. I am a farmboy and an electrician. I would have used my barnyard logic and answered that the dog was the problem. :D nm
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by handymanJ
    my dog knocked over my lamp and tripped the circuit breaker, when I reset the circuit breaker it trips again. What could be the problem?
    Handymanj, If the breaker does not trip when the lamp is disconnected then the lamp may have shorted in the cord. If the you can reset the breaker without it tripping, plug something else into that receptacle outlet. If the breaker trips now, then internal damage might be in the wall receptacle. If not, then the lamp needs repair.

Is the dog allowed to run in the house? Ask Labman about obedience school.. . :)nm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New 15A breaker trips main 100A breaker [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've been finishing my basement and I added a few 15A breakers One room has 8 outlets in series with the first starting about 6 feet from the main panel. There is currently no load on this outlets. When installing the drywall I accidentally shorted the outlet closest to the panel. It...

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

Circuit breaker trips constantly [ 2 Answers ]

After eight years in the house without any problems now the oven circuit breaker keeps tripping as soon as the oven is above about 250 C. I turn off everything else that might be on this circuit and still the problem exists. Help!

Kenmore Stove Trips 50 AMP Circuit Breaker [ 3 Answers ]

1 Year old Kenmore Stove, Flat Top keeps tripping my 50 AMP circuit breaker. This stove has worked without problem for 1 year without any problems. What confuses me is that the circuit breaker is tripped whether I use the range, the oven, or both at the same time. Could the breaker be bad? To...

Breaker Trips [ 3 Answers ]

My furance Circuit breaker The main from the house input has stated to trip. It has happened twice this past weekend? Any ideas?

View more questions Search