Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sal_M_Coyote Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 12:06 PM
    One electrical outlet socket works but the other does not. What's to d
    One electrical outlet socket works but the other does not. What's to do?
    On one electrical outlet, one socket works but the other does not. Also, on the same circuit, another outlet has no power at all.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_M_Coyote View Post
    One electrical outlet socket works but the other does not. What's to do?
    From here, reading this description, I have no idea where to even start. Calling an electrician is my only advice at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_M_Coyote View Post
    On one electrical outlet, one socket works but the other does not. Also, on the same circuit, another outlet has no power at all.
    Sounds like maybe something is switched. Are there any switches in the area that you don't know what they do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have no electrical socket in my upstairs hall can I get a wireless socket ? [ 9 Answers ]

I rent an old victorian house - one problem no power (no socket) in the upstairs hall which is a problem for switching in hoover / or running a table lamp, or PC etc. I am currently using a long extension lead from my bedroom but this can't stay permanent so is a pest having to roll out and plug...

Electrical socket inop [ 1 Answers ]

I have no power at two locations Both are bathroom wall sockets. I have already checked the fuse panel and replaced both wall sockets. When using a circuit tester I get low power.

Electrical outlet wiring/switched outlet? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to fix the wiring in an outlet in the master bedroom of the house we just bought. Currently there is a 3 gang swtich at the entrance to the bedroom. We were told two of the 3 switches controlled the fan & light for a ceiling fan lamp that was removed by the previous owner. We were...

Converting regular 3 prong electrical outlet to dryer outlet [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought a stacking washer and dryer and now the electrical cord on the dryer won't reach down to the existing dryer outlet. Is there any way to convert a regular 3 prong outlet that is close enough into a dryer outlet?

Outdoor electrical outlet keeps tripping gfci outlet [ 3 Answers ]

Until just recently my christmas decorations would light up when we plugged them into the outdoor electrical outlet. Now when we plug it in the gfci outlet in the garage keeps getting tripped and the lights won't come on. Even when we reset the gfci, once we plug in the chord it gets tripped...

View more questions Search