Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Wiring bathroom fan/light to separate light/fan switches
    I am trying to have my bathroom light/fan operate separately, with one switch operating the light and the other operating the fan. The power coming from the switches is 6 wires (2 black, 2 white,1 red and ground). The wire coming from the light/fan is 4 wire (black, white, red, and ground). I have 2 switches. How do I run the wires to the switches so that the light works from one switch and the fan works from the other?

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom light/fan combo on separate switches [ 8 Answers ]

I want my new bathroom light/fan combo to work off separate switches. I have the two switches installed and the cables run to the fixture. My power wire is at the fixture as well. I just cannot figure out how to wire this thing so the light is on one switch and the fan another.

Wiring bath fan with light/fan combo. Want to operate them on separate switches. [ 1 Answers ]

I have power wire with a black/white/ ground. The switches have their own wires with Black/ White wires. The fan unit has two plugs one for the fan with a blue wire and a white wire, and the light has a black wire and a white wire.

Bathroom fan/light combo with two separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

Not the same question :) 1) I have a vanity light switch. 2) I have a separate switch controlling the fan/light seperately; i.e. the fan/light come on together, only when the vanity light is on. I replaced the fan unit but did not pay attention to the old wiring... a two wire line comes from the...

How to wire a bathroom light and fan to separate switches. [ 1 Answers ]

I removed old switches and plugs from existing box. I installed a single pole switch for the vanity lights which is working correctly. I have installed a "double switch" for the tub light and the fan. I want to wire the light to the upper switch and the fan to the lower switch. There are four...

Wiring 2 switches to a bathroom fan/light [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to have my bathroom light/fan operate separtaly, with one switch operating the light and the other operating the fan. The power coming to the switch is 3 wire (black, white, and ground). The wire coming from the light/fan:confused: is 4 wire (black, white, red, and ground). I have 2...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.