Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sowatson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 07:52 AM
    I need help in wiring a submersible well pump
    I purchased a 1.5 HP 3 wire submersible well pump. I was surprised to see the four wires as follows:

1 - Black
    1 - Blue
    1 - Yellow with a green stripe
    1 - Brown

Not at all what I was expecting in the normal setup of 1 each red, black, green, and blue.

Can someone help me figure out how to connect this? THe four wires are encased in a blue flat style plastic surround much like UF Wire.

I would appreciate your assistance.

Scott
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2011, 08:47 AM
    Provide the make and model number of your unit.

Did any instructions come with it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Typical bathroom wiring diagram including submersible sewage pump [ 3 Answers ]

Can the bathroom sewage pump be included in the dedicated 20 amp circuit for the bathroom wiring?

Submersible pump runs but doesn't pump. [ 4 Answers ]

The water to my house quits periodicly. When it does this, I have tested the power to the pump and no probem. Also, I can hear the pump running but there is no pressure. I can shut the breaker off for a few seconds then turn it back on and it will pressure up normally. There is no indication of a...

Two questions pool pump & submersible well pump for irrigation in river [ 3 Answers ]

Have a inground pool about 5 yrs old that we replace motor every yr,the wireing & amount of juice is OK it's the sealed bearings that start squealing an freeze up, 2ND ? The well pump is 220v / 2 wire direct to breaker ,its on or off nothing fancy an has worked for years except this yr ,runs...

View more questions Search