Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billccsi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Ceiling Fan Remote Replacement
    I have a Hunter ceiling fan (about 5 years old). The remote that came with the fan has gone missing, (I suspect a certain 3 year old). The fan is located where I cannot see the part number.

Is there any type of universal unit from Hunter or others that will work without having to replace the receiver as well?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2011, 01:47 PM

Best to just buy a universal replacement with both receiver and remote. You will need to get up high enough to open the canopy so maybe its worth the effort to do that now and get the model number. You can't just go out and buy a universal remote by itself and expect it to match the right frequency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need replacement remote for Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to find a replacement remote for my hampton bay fan. It is a dual light and has a reverse button as well. Currently it just turns itself on. I tried changing the battery, but it is still turning on randomly. I have found a few but none have all the functions of my current remote.

Hunter ceiling fan remote control replacement [ 5 Answers ]

I was given a replacement remote/reciever at Lowe's. Some kid told me it would work. I ohmed out the motor which has two windings (pink to yellow and red to grey). I paralelled the two windings with the new receiver output and neutral. The fan doesn't run as fast as it did before. The winding ohmed...

Ceiling fan remote replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter brand ceiling fan, the remote stopped working. I have replaced it with a Hampton Bay brand remote than is not working. Should I remove this and replace it with a Universal remote or a Hunter Brand remote or..

Ceiling Fan Remote Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Several years ago we purchased an overhead ceiling fan with a remote. The remote has three speeds and a top button for the smaller top light and a lower button to control the main light (dimming included). We accidentally threw the remote away and we need to replace it. The only number we can...

Replacement of hampton ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton ceiling fan and the remote no longer works. I live in Burbank, California and would like to know where I can purchase a new remote?

View more questions Search