Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwayner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Arc fault breaker wiring
    Can I power two arc fault protected circuits through one 14-3 feeder? I intend to install two arc fault breakers in the panel and route the power to two bedrooms through a single run of 14-3 cable.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 08:19 PM
    No AFCI breakers will only work with two wire, plus ground circuits. They cannot be used with shared neutrals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arc fault circuit breaker [ 5 Answers ]

I am in a high rise condo building. My bedrooms(2) arc fault circuit breaker (1) seems to be in off position (the 15amp switch) after the power in my 2 bedrooms went out quietly during the day. However, I cannot move the 15 amp switch back to the 'on' position. What is the likely problem?

Bedroom arc fault [ 4 Answers ]

I know that bedroom circuits need to be on an arc fault breaker. If I have a light switch in a bedroom that operates a light outside the bedroom such as an exterior light, does that switch also need to be on an arc fault breaker? Thanks

ARC Breaker troubleshoot. [ 10 Answers ]

I was removing a small Sony cd player in master bedroom. It made a short/ spark, circuit breaker went off. Removed cd player; Went to pannel and turn on /reset breaker for Masterbderoom; I made a mistake by reset the next AFCI breaker which is for bedroom2 (dont know why,may be itchy finger :o )! ...

ARC fault breakers ? [ 4 Answers ]

I see where the 2005 NEC requires ARC fault breakers on all bedroom circuits,lighting and wall recepticals. It appears that this is for new construction. Would this also apply to rewiring an old house? Thanks in advance. Tom

Arc fault breakers [ 4 Answers ]

I am wiring bedrooms and I know that in California the outlets need to be on an arc fault breaker. 2 questions 1. would there be any problem in wiring a couple of recess lights in the bedrooms on the same circuit with the outlets? 2. There is an outlet in the hallway opposite and outlet in...

View more questions Search