Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bill rinaldi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Electrical wiring
    How to wire a sub panel for the purpose of installing a new elctric range in a remodeled kitchen. The main panel is a 100 amp square d breaker box , as is the new sub panel box.

Sincerely,
    bill rinaldi
    Scranton, pa.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2006, 04:44 AM
    A typical range is a 40 amp circuit, sometimes more. Best to have the range connected in the main panel, otherwise the subpanel will only be for the range.

So what will need to be in a subpanel, one the range is fed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat and electrical baseboard wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed 2 thermostat and 2 baseboards but none are heating... I wonder if my wiring is OK. I have 120 on both wires in the baseboard but no heat at all... here is a diagram of my wiring. The wiring in my baseboard is OK. On one side, I have 2 wires linked with a wirenut and on the...

Hot Tub Electrical Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to install a Dimension One spa that the manufacture calls for using #6-3 awg wire and 240 Volt - 50 Amp with a GFCI breaker and disconnect. I had the house pre wired for a hot tub and 240 Volt service. They installed a 50 Amp breaker in the main box and ran about 40...

Wiring Electrical Baseboard Heater [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Few Concerns Wiring A New Electrical Baseboard Heater.the Heater Is A Marley 22ov,2000w,9 Amp Hydronic Heater.wall Mounted Thermostat Is A Fahrenheit Md26 Double Line Break.I Am A Little Confused As To What Type Of Breaker I Need To Install.I Have A Cutler Hammer Subpanel.do I Need A...

Electrical Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a 20 amp circuit for my frig outlet in the basement. I would like to install a recessed 6" IC Halo fixture on this circuit. To do so, can I use a 14/2 gauge wire or should I use a 12/2 wire which is meant for the 20 amp circuit?

View more questions Search