Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eliaad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Baseboard heater thermostat wiring
    How do you test a 240 line voltage electric baseboard heater thermostat.
    bolen electric Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 10:54 PM

With extreme caution. If you could safely get to the 4 screws on the thermostat, incoming would be 240 between 2 screws, and in order to see if stat works you would have to be in a cold room with the stat on and measure voltage between the other 2 screws. A bit dangerous for the inexperienced though maybe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard Heater Wiring [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, after reading quite a bit I thought I had this wrapped up but I guess I don't. I am trying to wire up some baseboard heaters for the garage. I have run a 12/2 from the panel on a 20 amp double pole breaker which goes to a double pole t-stat (I want to be able to completely shut off the...

Wiring a baseboard heater and thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm replacing an old baseboard heater and thermostat. I've followed the thermostat instructions and wired it to the heater using the two black wires leaving the two red wires to connect to the wall. There are four wires, two black and two white plus the ground wire coming out of the wall. ...

Wiring baseboard heater [ 1 Answers ]

Can I run hot 220v to either end of heater and wall mounted tstat double pull to either end?

Wiring for baseboard heater [ 1 Answers ]

I need help wiring my downstairs with baseboard heaters. First Heater: I have the main power supply and wire from the thermostat coming in. I then have a wire running from my first heater to the second heater. The heaters are 220-volt. What wires do I connect in order to complete the circuit?

Baseboard heater wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a question about wiring my base board heaters. I am currently re-wiring my basement, adding a few heaters on the original 240V-20A circuit. It will be handling a total of 3500 W, no problem. The question is about the wiring itself, here's what I intend to do: Run from...

View more questions Search