Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sparty70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fans wiring with wireless remote
    Harbor breeze wireless remote fan with light. Single wall switch. I can only get the light to work by flipping the wall switch and using the remote on button for the light. Is this normal? I would like to operate the fan light by using the wall switch only. Is this do-able?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 02:47 PM

Wall switch must be on for anything to work. The remote should operate both fan and light if the receiver is connected corretly and the bulb is good. When did this fail or has it been like this always?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:22 AM

This sounds normal to me.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 harbor breeze fans controlled by 1 remote [ 4 Answers ]

I have 3 harbor breeze fans with three wireless controllers all set to the same remote channel so they 'should' all do the same thing. At times they get out of sync and I have found no way to 'reset' the fans do a default mode. The only solution I have found is to disconnect the AC from two of...

Harbor Breeze remote ceiling fans [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a home that has a large bonus room over the garage. Installed are 2 Harbor Breeze remote controlled ceiling fans. I did not get a manual for the fans. They are on the same channel. Fan speed on both is the same. The lights are on at the same time. I would like to change channels on 1 fan...

Harbor breeze remote control fans [ 1 Answers ]

How do I contact harbor breeze about a remote controlled fan that only worked for a week. It has no parts to convert it to pull chains.

Wiring a Harbor Breeze Universal Remote to a Hunter Ceiling Fan [ 5 Answers ]

Hunter Ceiling Fan Model #: 21871 Harbor Breeze Universal Remote Model # 43147 The Ceiling Fan has: The black & white wires for the motor, And red, pink, yellow & gray wires The Remote has: The black & white wires for the motor, And ONE blue wire for the lights

HARBOR BREEZE CEILING FANS: Fan & Remote Control Frequency Settings [ 1 Answers ]

We recently remodeled our home and had 3 Harbor Breeze ceiling fans installed. Being that we did not install the fans ourselves, we do not have the instruction manual. All of our fans are set to the same transmitter frequencies, so that when you turn one fan or light on, all of them go on. I...

View more questions Search