Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcrawf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Harbor breeze remote and receiver problems
    Things have been working fine w/ the remote and wall switch until now. The wall switch is a dimmer switch with a red indicator light. The remote will not turn on the light or the fan and when I push the green light button on the wall switch, the fan will sometimes come on (not supposed to control the fan). The red indicator light on the wall switch is fading in and out when I push the green light button. This is only happening in one bedroom. Anyone know how I can fix this issue?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:07 AM

Check to be sure the switch is properly wired. Try changing the frequency of the switch and receiver. If that doesn't work you may need a new switch.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze remote problems [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a Harbor Breeze fan about a year ago. It worked fine. All of a sudden the remote does not work anymore. I have changed the battery and still does not work. Any ideas. The fan does not have any cords, so I can't do it the old fashion way. All the remotes I have seen has a...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall remote and LCD remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've just installed 2 harbor breeze fans that came with LCD remote. Everything works as they suppose to. 2 remotes controlling each fan with dip SW set up. Then, I thought it would be nice if I purchase the wall remote unit so that I do not have to search for remote all the time....

Harbor Breeze fan with remote [ 10 Answers ]

We just bought two Harbor Breeze ceiling fans that come with a remote control kit. Our electrician seemed wary about installing fans w/remotes because he has seen a lot of problems with them (mostly related to minor power surges in the home). We're really not interested in having the remote control...

Harbor Breeze Fan W/Remote [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased 5 harbor breeze fans w/ remote and no pull chain for my home. Not long after purchase one fan acted like the motor was binding up so I returned it for a replacement model. I ended up having to pay extra to get a fan that was close enough to match my other four fans. Now I have two...

View more questions Search