Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Craig69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Multiple lights for multiple switches
    Rewired existing lights for a friend which had a 3 way switch installed to it and other leads to other lights, when I added a switch to one of the lights to remove it from the 3 way SW it worked fine but ended up removing power to the other lights downstream. What went wrong and how do I fix it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 09:07 PM

You may have tied into a traveler on the 3 way wiring. Hard to see inside the wall but picture how a 3way is wired at the start. http://www.modmyrv.com/wp-content/ga...y-switches.jpg or http://ezdiyelectricity.com/images/w...ng-diagram.jpg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring multiple lights with separate switches [ 7 Answers ]

I am adding lights to my barn and have run ac to each light . I want to have a separate switch for each light and be able to use any or all at any time. Can you give me a diagram.

Multiple switches in circuit, but one needs to be a 2 way [ 15 Answers ]

Unusual problem here.. I have regular ceiling lights, wired with two 3-way switches. My garage door opener (Craftsman) has a add on that would allow me to use my remote to turn on or off a lamp inside the home (outlet that switches on and off with the remote, basically a 2-way switch, either...

Wiring in multiple light switches [ 2 Answers ]

I need a wiring diagram for wiring in three switches in the same box all switches are for different lights.

Multiple switches [ 1 Answers ]

I am working with a bathroom light above the sink and a fan light combination. It has a hot wire to a junction box. How do I wire it? Trying to replace what was there but in moving the box the switch does not turn off.

Wiring for multiple light switches [ 3 Answers ]

I have three light switches that control one light fixture. In the past, they all turned the light of and on independently. But recently it depends on where you turn if off. In some cases, it won't turn on at another switch. Someone told me it was the wiring or the switches. Nobody has changed...

View more questions Search