Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paddy420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Wiring Diagram for Sears ceiling fan
    I have a Sears Model 74802 Ceiling Fan/Light with remote. The remote is no longer available and would like to change the operation of fan to a manually controlled fixture. I have a switch which sends power to fan outlet box. With that being said there are pull chains for fan and light operation. There are two capacitors, one for light and one for fan. Should these be removed as they are the only items I see that may be the receiver for the remote? Should they remain? What would be the correct wiring for this fan to have it operate manually?
    Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 06:16 PM

Where is the receiver located? Is it in the ceiling canopy? If so, what color wires go to it?
    paddy420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 10:56 AM

Found the receiver! Right where you said to look! I was able to wire fan in properly for manual operation now! It's easy with a little help!
    Thanks, Pat
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 01:03 PM

Glad you got it working :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5-8 wire ceiling fan switch wiring diagram [ 5 Answers ]

I have to install a new 5-8 wire ceiling fan switch in a concord ceiling fan, for my uncle. He has removed the old switch and did not write down where each of the wires came from. I have the new correct switch but need to know where all of the wires go. He did write down the numbers they came...

Remote control ceiling fan wiring DIAGRAM [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I purchased a hampton bay ceiling fan with a remote control i wired to a single wall switch. The remote control works well but now the fan and lights only works with the remote. I will like to know if there is a configuration where i can use my wall switch to still turn on the light (which...

Wiring diagram for a sears craftsman 12 hp lawn tractor [ 2 Answers ]

I am needing to rewire the 12 hp craftsman lawn tractor I have. I am interested in the wiring diagram for this tractor. Where can I obtanin this diagram? Thanks, ...

Ceiling fan switch wiring diagram [ 4 Answers ]

The pull switch on my ceiling fan broke off and I need to replace it. The switch is a well tec 116997 and has 4 wires. The black wire attaches to the "L" and the purple attaches to the "2". There is also a grey wire and a brown wire that disconnected from the switch when a piece of the plastic...

Wiring diagram for 3speed ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

We just got a replacement switch for aloha breeze ceiling fan but did not get any information on how to hook it up can you please help

View more questions Search