Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 01:38 PM
    ceiling fans
    OK so they are not rocket science. Now I have to install one on about a 25 degree ceiling in a cabin in the mountians. Only place is on a 6x8 beam. The wiring will have to run in conduit exposed up the beam and make it over to a vertical wall for the electrical. Can't drill into the beam and make a cavity for the electrical box but need to have the wiring in something, and the fan is desighned to anchor to a fan box. The canopy is designed to fit up flush with the ceiling and there will be no room for electrical connections and the remote as the canopy will probably be to small for both. Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2006, 04:50 PM
    You could use a wiremold box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 8 Answers ]

The Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan information has been moved here.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 8 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that had beautiful ceiling fan in the master bedroom. This fan's blades have a ticking noise that increases as the speed is turned up. They are the snap in type blade not screw-in. I have tried to remove and replace them, used shims, and balanced the fan over and over...

Ceiling fans [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older fan that only has 3 wires a black, white, and blue. And coming out of my ceiling there's only a black, and white. Sooo wheres my ground wire from the ceiling? (the electrical box?) and is the blue wire from the fan my ground? Cause I could ground it to the electrical box. Please...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

We just recently moved into a house where the previous owner installed Hampton Bay ceiling fans. My problem is the fans do not turn on. They are remote control so my first response was to change the battery in the remotes. My next thought was to change the wiring in the ceiling and make it turn on...

Red wires and ceiling fans [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to replace an existing celing fan. The outlet box has 3 wires, red black and white. It's not clear which is the ground wire. Also, the fan directions say that there is a ground wire coming from the motor, but there is not. There is, however, a grounding wire on the mounting...

View more questions Search