Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanielleS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Hampton Bay fan, Hunter light kit?
    I just bought a Hampton Bay fan that did not come with a light but states that it's light kit adaptable. I am bidding on a Hunter light kit on eBay but just noticed on a lighting website that Hunter light kits may not work on anything but a Hunter fan. Has anyone had experience with this? Or any recommendations for light kits that do work on a Hampton Bay? Thanks!:confused:
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2006, 10:23 AM
    For the most part, all light kits are compatible with all fans.

There are two different ways a light kit mounts to a fan. With two screws, or with a single threaded bolt. Most lights are designed to attach both ways, and most fans are designed to receive a light both ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Light Comes On By Itself [ 15 Answers ]

Just installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with the remote control for the fan and the light. Old house and I it's my first time installing a fan. Pretty proud and works pretty well. O.K. just a little wobble. After a while of operation, the light comes on without anyone touching the remote. ...

Hampton Bay Fan/Light doesn't work [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 3-year old Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan/Light with fluorescent bulbs and remote control. A few months ago, one of the bulbs fell out. After I replaced it, I have had problems ever since with both the fan and light. Basically, after a few minutes of operation (either fan or light), it starts...

Hunter Bathroom Fan/Light question (older house) [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a new fan/light for my master bathroom, and was attempting to install it when I ran into a snag... The wiring described in the manual is black/white wires in the ceiling to black/white wires in the unit, etc, but the reality is that I have one red, one yellow, and one black wire in...

Hampton Bay Porch Light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay light that has curved glass and I need to know where I can purchase the glass.

Hunter Ceiling Fan Light Installation [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house with a Hunter ceiling fan with remote (no light). I went to the store and purchased a light to go with it. The instructions on the light say that I have to dismantle the entire remote system by unplugging it, but I don't see where I can do this. There are 2 black boxes with wires...

View more questions Search