Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Hampton Bay ceiling fan direction change
    I have an HB fan that I can not find a model number for. The fan uses remote model UC7076T. Can anyone tell me how to change the direction of the fan, I can not find a switch on the fan and the remote does not have a direction button on it.

Thanks and Hurry it is hot... :mad:
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2006, 07:45 PM
    Is the remote original to the fan? If so, and if it does not have a means to reverse the fan, the switch will be hidden somewhere in the fan. Sometimes in these fans with glass housings, you have to remove some pieces to access it.
    photog47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2010, 06:54 AM
    Too late for this person but I tried the "Ask Me" suggestions on reversing the direction on my ceiling fan that was missing the remote control device... and it works! I was really pleased and thrilled after almost a year of looking for an option (including asking Home Depot, Lowe's, replacing the entire fan and ordering a remote from Taiwan).

Per their suggestions: all you have to do is shut off the fan, spin the blades in the direction you want and then quickly flip the wall switch on & off three or four times while the blades are still spinning in the preferred direction. You may have to repeat this process several times but it will work!
    sfreda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Great advice spun the fan in the right direction turned the switch on and off until it kept spinning in the right direction took about 3 tries worked great saved mme lots of frustration.
    squeakytoy7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 08:08 AM
    Yes, this advice worked. It took 4 tries, and then the remote didn't work. But I turned it off at the wall and on again later, and the remote worked just fine! It really does work!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I reverse ceiling fan direction? [ 18 Answers ]

We moved into our home that already had a very nice Hampton Bay ceiling fan installed, but we have no instruction manual... It is a model that has a remote control, with an up light, down light and lo-med-high settings for the fan. However, we have noticed that the way the fan is blowing (counter...

Ceiling fan direction: Summer vs. Winter [ 3 Answers ]

I moved recently and can't find my owners manual. But I remember it mentioned that you should have the fan direct air downward or upward depending on season. Does anyone know which way the fan should be pointing in the summer? Thanks.

Ceiling Fan Default Rotation Direction [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan w/ remote and wall switch. The default direction is winter mode but I want it to be summer mode. If I only use the remote I set the direction once and then all is well. But if my kids turn off the fan with the wall switch then next time it is turned on I need to reset...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - How to change frequency? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Windward II) and it turns on by itself a lot. I'm assuming it's because I live in a condo and my neighbors have an appliance that operates on the same frequency. How can I change the frequency of my fan to eliminate it from turning on/off at random times? ...

View more questions Search