Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkulp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Problems with Harbor Breeze 52 in Triton Ceiling fan
    I recently bought a Harbor Breeze, 52 in Triton Ceiling fan, Model 192900. I installed it with the instuctions. Everything was well until the light started to give a strobe effect and the fan makes a groaning sound only on the 1 and 2 settings. The only way to turn off the strobe effect is by turning off the wall switch. Any ideas on how to fix this or should I take it back?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Take it back!
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Wait, what kind of wall switch are you using?
    kkulp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    Wait, what kind of wall switch are you using?
    Regular wall switch.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 07:54 AM
    If it worked for awhile and now doesn't your wiring was likely correct. The fan may be defective so take Ceilingfan's advice, take it back. I have an unlimited warranty in my head. If I buy something and it doesn't work or fails in the first 6 months I do not repair. I take this stuff back to the store and don't mess with the manufacturer. I should not have to handle the repair for something that did not wear out from use.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 8, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Yep, just take it back. If it was a fan you've had for a while and you wanted to fix it that's fine but if you just bought it then it's not worth the hassle.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 09:52 PM
    I agree with all of the previous posts.
    shopmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 05:54 PM
    I guess I was lucky, mine worked for two years. Remote broke. I'll try a real lighting/ceiling fan store next time and ditch Lowe's with their crappy products.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fan light problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 52 inch harbor breeze ceiling fan I installed a little over a month ago. It calls for four 60 watt Candelabra Base bulbs which I installed. The problem is the frequency of bulbs blowing out. Even without using the fan. I have tried reducing the wattage bulb used down to 40 and I still have...

Harbor Breeze Triton Ceiling Fan item #136957 [ 5 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze fan/light with a remote, pullchains, and a reverse switch in my bedroom. It was working fine until today. An A/C repair man came to inspect my cooling system, and told me to reverse the direction of my fan. He flipped the switch for me, (without stopping the fan first). 15...

Harbor Breeze Triton Fan not running at max speed [ 3 Answers ]

Hello - I bought a Harbor Breeze fan that is on sale at Lowe's yesterday. It is Triton 52" fan and comes with a remote and light kit. It does not have pull chain and the fan operates only via remote and not via wall switch. After installation, the max speed button in the remote does not work. When...

Harbor breeze triton remote control wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Have problems installing my fan. I have a red, white and black wire, plus a copper ground coming from the ceiling and I have a remote receiver with a black and a white wire only. Logically to me, the white goes to the white and the black goes to the black, but what about the red? Thanks in...

Harbor Breeze Triton #136954 HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a Harbor Breeze Triton #136954 ceiling fan without the receiver; hoping not to have to use the remote. PROBLEM Fan turns on & off from wall switch (works fine), lights do not. There is power to the bulb receptacles, so power isn't an issue. QUESTIONS Can I use the fan AND...

View more questions Search