Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkison Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Grounding rods at remote buildings
    I pulled a 100 amp subpanel from my house main to a workshop (2legs/neutral/grd) put did not grd rod the workshop panel. I believe I need to drop the grd from the main and add a grd rod; is that correct? Also, now I am adding a subpanel from the wokshop panel to another unattatched building. I believe I need to pull 2 legs plus neutral and ground rod that panel; is that correct?

Man, I learned a lot from all of your discussions!

Thanks,

rkison
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
    ANY detached structure with a feeder MUST have a grounding electrode.

DO NOT omit the ground wire run with the feeders. Keep it and keep the grounds and neutrals separate in the panels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding rods [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway that sombody tell what is the length for ground rods for trailers ,someone told it should be like 8 feet long ,but I find it difficuilt to get that length of the ground rod under the ground ,is there any other way,another person told me that I can connect three shorter grounding...

Subpanel Grounding Rods and Neutral Bar [ 7 Answers ]

My main service panel is installed in a detached garage. Our new home is fed by a subpanel run underground from the garage. At the garage panel I have two ground rods and the neutral bar and ground bar in the panel are connected. At the house subpanel location do I need additional ground rods...

Grounding Rods [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a brick patio in the back. While digging out the area I ran into two rods with the grounding wire from the house attatched. The tips of the rods were sticking out of the ground slightly covered by mulch. I don't want to move the rods or the patio. My question is,...

Grounding rods [ 4 Answers ]

First off thanks everyone for all your help so far. I have a question about a grounding rod. Can it be used in place of a water utility connection? My water meter is a good 50 feet away from my house and I am pretty sure that the pipes that run into the house are non-metallic, plus I have no...

INS buildings [ 1 Answers ]

Anybody knows what is an INS building?

View more questions Search