Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TimLynch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - How to change frequency?
    I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Windward II) and it turns on by itself a lot. I'm assuming it's because I live in a condo and my neighbors have an appliance that operates on the same frequency. How can I change the frequency of my fan to eliminate it from turning on/off at random times?

Thanks.
    FANtastic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 05:53 PM
    Find the dip switches (4 small white knobs) on the remote and the receiver. On the remote, the dip switches are usually located inside the battery compartment, north of the battery. The receiver is usually located within the fan's canopy. After finding the dip switches for both, configure the switches to a different frequency, but make sure that in the end, the receiver and remote are set to the same frequency. After doing this, inadvertent control of your fan by neighbors should cease.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 10:24 AM
    On the WinWard, I could be incorrect, but I believe the dip switches are located on top of the motor housing. FanTastic's instructions are correct, this should solve your problem!

And if you have any further questions, consult:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan direction change [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HB fan that I can not find a model number for. The fan uses remote model UC7076T. Can anyone tell me how to change the direction of the fan, I can not find a switch on the fan and the remote does not have a direction button on it. Thanks and Hurry it is hot... :mad:

How do you change lightbulbs on an enclosed ceiling fixture? [ 2 Answers ]

This one's Hampton Bay and the electrical people took the instructions with them when they left months ago. I don't know how to get the outer ring, which is plastic, off the glass part so I can change the lightbulbs. Do I pry it off with a screwdriver or does it screw off? I've tried to do the...

Ceiling fan: change capacitor for single speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Loyal Products made in Taiwan fan with melted 4 wire capacitor. The capacitor has blue wire in and red 4uF, white 4.5uF and yellow 5uF wires out. This is connected to a two layer switch by the red and yellow wire. The white capacitor wire connects to a red wire going into the motor. My...

Hampton Windward II Light Change [ 2 Answers ]

We recently purchased a home which has a Windward II w/remote installed in a study. The light needs replacing, but I (and numerous other handymen) have been unable to unscrew the globe to get to change the bulb. Has anyone else had any similar problem and, if so, your advice will be greatly...

Hampton ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Hampton ceiling fan/lights. Sometimes the lights begin to flicker and go out for a few seconds, then come back on. Also, the fan doesn't work after about 4 years of operation. When the fan is turned on by the remote, I simply get a humming noise. I'm not real handy electrically. I took things...

View more questions Search