Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qwest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Grounding rods
    Is there anyway that sombody tell what is the length for ground rods for trailers ,someone told it should be like 8 feet long ,but I find it difficuilt to get that length of the ground rod under the ground ,is there any other way,another person told me that I can connect three shorter grounding rods together to act as an 8feet one
    eEnergyUnpluged Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 06:23 PM

This is dangerous but sometimes done. The ground rod uses the moisture in the ground to do its job. Not long ago during a drought we were digging with a backhoe and noticed that even in clay we had powder at 4 feet. You can rent a tool that will drive the ground rod. It is like a hammer drill without a drilling action. All good electricians own one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Subpanel Grounding Rods and Neutral Bar [ 7 Answers ]

My main service panel is installed in a detached garage. Our new home is fed by a subpanel run underground from the garage. At the garage panel I have two ground rods and the neutral bar and ground bar in the panel are connected. At the house subpanel location do I need additional ground rods...

Grounding Rods [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a brick patio in the back. While digging out the area I ran into two rods with the grounding wire from the house attatched. The tips of the rods were sticking out of the ground slightly covered by mulch. I don't want to move the rods or the patio. My question is,...

Grounding rods [ 4 Answers ]

First off thanks everyone for all your help so far. I have a question about a grounding rod. Can it be used in place of a water utility connection? My water meter is a good 50 feet away from my house and I am pretty sure that the pipes that run into the house are non-metallic, plus I have no...

Where to put Grouding Rods? [ 1 Answers ]

I am putting a 100 amp service in a garage that is 125 feet away from the main 200 amp service of the house. I am not sure where to and how many grouding rods should be used

Ground Rods [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to install 2 ground Rods 5/8 by 8ft. Can anyone give me any hints on how to install these without damaging the rods. Also I heard that general rule of thumb is 8 foot down and 8 foot apart can anyone shed some light on these locations. Any help will be a great help. Thanks again, ...

View more questions Search