Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srobsrobusa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Black bar in center of Panasonic plasma TV
    We have had a 50" Panasonic Plasma flatscreen for about 18 months. Yesterday when we switched it on, it had a black bar about 2" wide extending about 2/3 down the screen, right in the center. We tried different modes, different power jacks, etc. Nothing changes it. The TV works fine except for this. We have a repairman coming next week, but I am looking for ideas?

Best,
    Rob.
    :confused:
    stiglerus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Hi Rob,

I just got a Samsung 58 plasma and it has this black bar problem too, right out of the box though. My bar runs vertical, is about 3 inches wide, is just off center and goes the whole height of the TV. It happened about 20 minutes into my first day of viewing.

I am curious if you figured out the issue. Do you think I need a replacement TV? Please email me at stiglerus(at)yahoo.com if you can offer any insight. Many thanks,

Craig Stiglerus

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Plasma [ 1 Answers ]

My Plazma TV keeps on turning its self off, it stopped all of a sudden and turned off now the green light comes on but there is no pic and sound then it will seconds later turn off. I have today hooked up a new xbox 360 to it could this be the problem?

Panasonic plasma TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 42" panasonic TV, yesterday the screen went blank. When I plug the TV in I here a whining sound, then when I turn it on it clicks then the power light flashes seven times

Panasonic 42 inch plasma TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new Panasonic 42inch plasma TV and I am not happy with reception. I had new aerial system, top of range with booster for other room use. The signal breaks up on some channels( crack noise on sound / horizontal bands of picture distortion). Loss sometimes entirely of channels like FILM4....

View more questions Search