Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JUTime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 08:13 PM
    Noisy Remote Control Fan
    I have a Hampton Bay Reddington II, remote control fan (no other switches) that works great when the switch cup is not attached. When the switch cup is attached, it makes quite a bit of noise. I've tried tightening screws, insulating the fan cup and moving the wires.. . Still very noisy. Without the switch cup, no noise. Noise is the same whether I use light kit switch cup or regular switch cup. Any ideas on what's causing noise or how to correct it?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 07:02 PM
    You have to pinpoint exactly what is causing the rattle. Screws? Wires inside? Something touching moving parts? It sounds like you're already working on this. The good news is, you've narrowed it down to the switch housing without the light. My bet is on something making contact with moving parts when it's attached. Here's a bit more troubleshooting information if you want to delve deeper:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...ng-and-FAQ.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control [ 34 Answers ]

?? Hi I have a hampton bay sidewinder ceiling fan that came with a wall mount remote control. I wanted to have a hand held remote control, so went and purchased a remote control that came with its own receiver (hunter). I replaced the original receiver with the new receiver. The hand held...

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Remote control [ 11 Answers ]

I Have A Hampton Bays Ceiling Fan - The Remote Control Does Not Work The Fan. Can I Buy A New Remote Control And Get The Light And Fan Working Again? If I Can, How Do I Go About Ordering One. Thanks For Your Reply.

Can Hampton Bay remote control be discarded [ 6 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Yes another Hampton Bay remote question. I have one existing switch controlling the fan. And One existing dimmer controlling the light. The box at the ceiling having white (neutral), a Hot (Black) and a Hot (Pink). The previous fan connected Black to black, white to white, and pink to...

Wiring Remote Control Fan [ 3 Answers ]

My son just bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that came with a remote control. He really didn't want the remote and wanted it wired with the switches on the wall. However the only way you can reverse the fan direction is with the remote so he wants to use the switches on the wall for the fan and...

View more questions Search