Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gemiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 05:58 PM
    Hampton Windward II Light Change
    We recently purchased a home which has a Windward II w/remote installed in a study. The light needs replacing, but I (and numerous other handymen) have been unable to unscrew the globe to get to change the bulb. Has anyone else had any similar problem and, if so, your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2005, 06:47 PM
    I think maybe I have seen a answer to a similar question here, but your best bet may be this sticky, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=14886
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
    You put pressure on the glass and turn it. Careful not to break it. I've seen this same question many times before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan direction change [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HB fan that I can not find a model number for. The fan uses remote model UC7076T. Can anyone tell me how to change the direction of the fan, I can not find a switch on the fan and the remote does not have a direction button on it. Thanks and Hurry it is hot... :mad:

Hampton Bay Fan, Windward II [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use 2 remotes for 1 fan? Thanks Kevin

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - How to change frequency? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Windward II) and it turns on by itself a lot. I'm assuming it's because I live in a condo and my neighbors have an appliance that operates on the same frequency. How can I change the frequency of my fan to eliminate it from turning on/off at random times? ...

Light-bulb change in HB fixture? [ 2 Answers ]

The condo unit I bought has a Hampton Bay light fixture in the kitchen (flushmount, 2-lights, 60w, frosted glass)... this sounds funny to type these words, but how do I change the bulbs? Does the glass portion unscrew? Does the fixture pull-down from the ceiling? I am very hesitant to monkey...

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? [ 5 Answers ]

Golden Retriever The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb? Border Collie Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code. Dachshund You know I can't reach that stupid lamp! ...

View more questions Search