Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casapaul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2005, 10:08 AM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Light Problem
    I recently had an experienced/liscensed electrician install a Hampton Bay Redington IV ceiling fan in my home. I did switch the lights to On and the fan to Hi before using the remote. The fan works fine and I can adjust speeds and turn the fan on and off with no problem. But the lights will only go On and Off with no brightness adjustment. And the On is only in the lowest setting.

Is there something I can do to fix/adjust this problem so I can use all three levels of the 60W lights (lo, med, and hi)? Or is it possible the electrician wired the light incorrectly?:confused:

I also have the buzzing sound issue from the lights mentioned by another poster but I'm hoping that gets resolved by using the med or hi light modes.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Casapaul
    Lotta Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Dec 18, 2005, 12:33 PM
    You may have to put in a three way bulb. A 60 watt bulb may not be adjustable. They sell bulbs that can be 75/100/150 watts and other various light outptut.
    casapaul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2005, 01:29 PM
    I figured it out
    Thanks for the lotta information. The unit comes with bulbs so it made sense that they would work... and they do. Although it says no where in my instructions, I needed to hold down the light dimmer button and slowly the lights became brighter.
    This should help someone down the line.
    casapaul
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2005, 02:23 PM
    Thanks for posting back with the solution. I couldn't have told you that. Does getting away from the lowest setting eliminate the buzzing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan-light works-fan doesn't [ 6 Answers ]

I installed a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan outdoors and the light works from a wall switch but the fan doesn't work at all. There is a white, black, red and ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is a white, black, black/white stripe (light) and green ground coming from the fan. I attached...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Light Comes On By Itself [ 15 Answers ]

Just installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with the remote control for the fan and the light. Old house and I it's my first time installing a fan. Pretty proud and works pretty well. O.K. just a little wobble. After a while of operation, the light comes on without anyone touching the remote. ...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan light kit... [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan installed and accidentally purchased one without a light in it. I need a light in the room that it is installed, but am having trouble as to which wires the light kit goes to. I opened the ceiling fan and it has a 6 or 8 pin connector, but not any loose wires to...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan light [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement bulb for a ceiling fan I purchased at Home Depot a (hampton bay). The bulb is a mini spiral fluorescent with the writing on the side being--PLS13 Warm White, it has 4 pins. And is the push in type. Thanks

Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light [ 3 Answers ]

I had to take the fan/light down and in doing so don't remember wiring senario that makes the wall switch work the light portion. There are 4 wires coming down from the ceiling of which 2 are still connected. The wiring for the light is still in tact and marked, neutral, light etc. What wires do I...

View more questions Search