Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edgeX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Water Heater; Breaker Wiring?
    :confused: I'm installing a new electric water heater. All plumbed and wired to the heater. Just picked up a new 30amp breaker, ready to put in the panel. 10/2 wire…At the tank; red to white, black to black, green grounded. My question is about wires to the breaker? Green is easy that’s the ground, where does the black and white connect? Thanks in advance.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Each wire to it's own terminal of a 2 pole 240 volt 30 amp circuit breaker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring electric hot water heater [ 4 Answers ]

I am converting from gas hot h20 heater to electric, I need a wiring diagram in order to wire the electric heater into the breaker box.

Wiring water heater switch [ 8 Answers ]

I want to replace my water heater switch with a timer. I need to identify which live wire comes from the mains and which leads to the heater. I unscrewed the switch from the wall to test both wires with a test-pen. With the switch at ON position - the pen lit up each time as expected. Then with...

Wiring a baseboard heater to the breaker panel [ 1 Answers ]

I believe I answered all your questions when I first asked my wiring question. I'll re-word it. Can I wire a single {one only} 1500 watt, 220volt baseboard heater with a 2 pole, 20amp breaker using 12/2 wiring?

Wiring a hot water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to wire a new hot water heater that is 220. Do you have a diagram of a subpanel that I could use? What do I look for on the subpanel, what wire do I use, and how does this wiring differ from 110? LK

Tankless water heater wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Join Date: Oct 2006 Posts: 3 Seisco water heater install -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a question for both an HVAC installer and an electrician.

View more questions Search