Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slgoulet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Breaker shows power but no power to outlets
    I have a breaker that is showing power coming out but all outets and equipment on this circuit are dead how do I find the problem?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:12 PM
    There is a loose white wire, or neutral, someplace. This can be a loose screw, wirenut, or pushed in type connection, and where in the circuit. The only method is to check each outlet box, junction box, etc, looking for the fault.

Change any push in type to a wirenut connection.

Start at the last working outlet on the circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine fried two outlets and lost power in living room [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm not very informed on the electrical workings of a house so please bear with me! Last night my washing machine, located in the laundry room of the basement stopped working. It had been working perfectly up until then. I tested the dryer next to it and it worked and everything...

Changed outlets, now no power on one wall [ 1 Answers ]

I changed the outlets in my living room, one wall did not come back on. I then changed the breaker for that wall and still no luck. Any suggestions on trouble-shooting this problem?

No power in outlets or light switiches [ 2 Answers ]

I changed some light switches and outlets to match the rest of the house. My house is a older home. So when I went to turn the breaker back on sparks came out. So I check the wiring then I change the breaker then there was no more sparks but only one light switch works for that breaker and now 2...

A/c power breaker tripping [ 2 Answers ]

I have dual a/c units to control the upstairs and downstairs of my residence. I have isolated my problem of no cold air to the breaker panel. I need help identifying what the possible reasons may be for the breaker tripping. There are two breakers (one coming directly from the a/c units with a...

No power to outlets! [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently noticed that one of the bedrooms outlets and the switches in the adjacent half bath were not getting any power... they worked just fine earlier in the day. The light in the bedroom works fine but the outlets do not. I checked all my breakers traced them and they all seem to do...

View more questions Search