Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sblit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Harbor breeze fan,remote stop working
    I have a Harbor breeze fan with remote, working fan,has light and fan control on remote. Remote stopped working.

It illuminates and works but not with the fan. Help. Please advise
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Is this fan remote only, no chains or wall switch? If the red light lights up on the remote the signal is sent but the receiver in the canopy might be bad. Check under the canopy for power running to the receiver. Come back with your results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Harbor breeze fan with remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have these remote control fans and lights throughout my house, all are working fine, except one. The remote is fine, if I change the numbers it works in other rooms. Now does anyone know HOW CAN I DISCONNECT REMOTE AND USE IT WITHOUT REMOTE. ANY RESPONSE WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Harbor Breeze Remote Ceiling fan [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased this fan about 4 years ago. The remote actually has a "REVERSE" button inside the outer fan speed and off button. I see that the newer models do not have this REVERSE button. I can not locate my instruction manual and do not know HOW to "reverse" the fan direction from the remote. Is...

Harbor Breeze C/Fan remote trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed three Harbor Breeze ceiling fans (Grand Lodge) and one of the fans mysteriously turns itself on. The fans are installed under a patio cover with about 20' separating each fan. My client wanted all three fans operated with one remote so the receivers/remotes are all using...

Harbor breeze fan with hunter remote [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the fan from another room where it was working fine to put it in another bedroom. When I hook up the wiring according to the receiver I get nothing from the fan. When I bypasseb the remote receiver I got only the fan spinning and the lights wouldn't turn on. I didn't note the wiring when I...

View more questions Search