Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cswrench Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Harbor breeze remote operation
    I have just moved into a house and I have a harbor breeze fan with no pull chains,or external switches. I have been all over this unit and I can not figure out how to reverse the fan direction. I have no instructions,
    I have no wall controls. The remote looks like this unit: 3 Speed Universal Fan Remote
    I went to Lowe's and that was an exercise in futility. I have not disassembled the fan to get a model number. I would like to avoid this. I have talked to the prior home owner and he can not remember the procedure to do this.
    Thanks for any info you can provide,
    Chris
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 01:26 PM
    It sounds like the reverse button was on the original remote for the fan, and that remote was replaced. You can try to find a replacement remote with reverse. Or you can try a trick that has been passed around on these forums: turn the fan off, spin the blades in the direction you would like it to turn, and cycle the fan off and on until it starts running in that direction. I've never tried it myself/

What direction is the fan going now? Reverse is not really necessary.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    cswrench Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 05:29 PM
    That's the problem stuck in reverse.
    No dice on the "manual" changing methood.
    I will look for another remote I guess
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 06:54 PM
    You said it is stuck in reverse, what is reverse to you. Both drawing and blowing will mix the air in your room so it still functions, in fashion. I think Ceilingfan hit it on the mark, the original remote had a reverse and a universal was installed. Go bacj and try to buy a factory remote made for you fan.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 06:18 PM
    The "manual" reverse has been known to work, maybe I wasn't repeating it correctly. It's described in detail somewhere on this forum. If you can't find it let me know and I will search for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze remote problems [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a Harbor Breeze fan about a year ago. It worked fine. All of a sudden the remote does not work anymore. I have changed the battery and still does not work. Any ideas. The fan does not have any cords, so I can't do it the old fashion way. All the remotes I have seen has a...

Harbor Breeze Remote Issue [ 13 Answers ]

I have three ceiling fans that I installed a couple of years ago with the remote control. I had them all set to the same freq. so one remote contolled them all and I have had not problems until now. After leaving for a week on vacation we got back and none of the three fans will respond to the...

Harbor breeze fan with remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have these remote control fans and lights throughout my house, all are working fine, except one. The remote is fine, if I change the numbers it works in other rooms. Now does anyone know HOW CAN I DISCONNECT REMOTE AND USE IT WITHOUT REMOTE. ANY RESPONSE WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Harbor breeze remote control [ 2 Answers ]

We purchased a house and the remotes for one of our fans has come unprogrammed I know the code what steps do I need to follow to reprogram the remote with the fan.

Harbor Breeze fan/light with remote [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed a Harbor Breeze fan/light with remote. It is operated by a 3way switch. Each time the switch is turned on, the fan and/or light has to be "manually" turned on with the remote, even though the light was "on" when the switch was turned off. Appears to be no memory in the ...

View more questions Search