Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elec359 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 10:47 AM
    UF wire and copper propane line in same conduit
    Is it safe and allowed to run 10/3 UF electric cable and 1/2" copper tubing for propane in the same 2" PVC conduit 18" underground from a house to a garage?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Cable is to be pulled only with cable in a raceway. The copper line will need to be in it's own PVC sleeve or in the trench alone, next to the cable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Propane/Gas Line pressure test [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Just found this forum, thanks all for creating! I have constructed an outdoor BBQ/Kitchen and I located a 100lb propane tank approx. 50 pipe feet from the point of use. I ran 1/2" black pipe with approx. 15 fittings. I pressure tested as per a plumbers advice with 15lbs of air for 15...

Underground wire in conduit close to water line [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed 3" schedule 40 pvc conduit from the street to a barn for hooking up a 200 meter service. Is there a requirement or code that states you have be a certain distance from water lines? We are about 12" under a water line with the conduit, which will have 3 large wires feeding the...

Copper Wire to Silver Wire [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a replacement flush ceiling fixture. The black and white wires coming from my electrical box in the ceiling are copper colored, the black and white wires in the new fixture have a silver colored wire. Is it OK to connect them?

Pulling wire through conduit [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have 100' of 10/2 UF cable running underground through 3/4" PVC conduit. I need to pull the 10/2 out, and pull in 10/3 UF (or its code equivalent) to replace it. I have 3 questions: 1) Is 10/3 UF cable always produced in a flat configuration, or does some company manufacture a round...

Copper wire standard, UEW [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to ask if any expert knows anything about a kind of copper wire standard, UEW. I'd like to know what it is about? And where can I have more information on it? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search