Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sabrinalady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Replace a Hampton Bay Fan or a remote control for a new fan
    I have two ceiling fans with four lights in the same room. One fan doesn't work. Was told that the motor is bad. Would like to find another or the same fan Hampton Bay model 523 971(523-974) or a similar fan in antique gold with four lights. Found one that is similar from Home Depot Hampton Bay model# (522 306), however it is not remote control assessable (I am told). No remote came with it. I have two remotes for the original two fans but they would both(fan and lights) with one remote. Do you have any suggestions for what I am looking for. I am unable to reach the Hampton Bay number on the registration card(1-800-223-3306) which is CEI America. Can't find a number or location for Hampton Bay.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:49 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't recognise model numbers, names do better with me.

But it is rare that a motor will go bad in a fan. What symptons is the broken fan exibiting?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Hampton bay fan remote control [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best way to trouble shoot the remote / rcvr on the fan? 1997 vintage, led on remote lights up, fan and light do not respond, other lights on the same Ckt, operated by switch work so the ckt is alive.

Hampton Bay fan remote control [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a remote control Hampton Bay fan about 7 years ago. Suddenly, the remote no longer controls the fan or light. I have replaced the battery. I know there is a switch setting in the fan somewhere, but can't find it. Any ideas on how to get a replacement remote, or get the two synced up...

Hampton Bay Remote Control Fan? [ 1 Answers ]

My remote control has a button on it that says "REVERSE", but I no longer have the instructions and I don't know I there is some proper sequence to use to reverse the direction the fan spins.

Hampton Bay Fan remote control install [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan 198-374 and a wireless remote 191-691. I am sure they are both campatable. But, the booklet for the fan has a warning to reduce the risk of fire do not use this fan with any solid-state fan speed control device. I have installed many ceiling fans but this...

View more questions Search