Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlm928 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Recessed lighting
    How can I determine the maximum wattage for a recessed lighting fixture? The fixture has a sticker inside listing wattages of 60, 75, 100 and 150. Does this mean it can handle any of these bulbs?
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Nov 19, 2008, 06:45 PM

Easy answer is yes. Make certain that on the higher wattages they do not specify a certain trim or bulb type.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recessed Lighting [ 8 Answers ]

Need help with Recessed Lighting. The included picture is an electrical diagram I used in wiring up some recessed lighting. The switches used are 600w Dimmer Switches with push on/off feature. The problem is that on the center switch the dimming feature burns out consistently but I am still able...

Recessed lighting [ 9 Answers ]

My living room is on a 15 amp breaker. 1 ceiling fan and 11 outlets. Can I pull power from 1 outlet and install 2 3" recessed lights over my bookshelves? Also if this application is acceptable, can I use romex wire to make the connections?

Recessed Lighting [ 4 Answers ]

I don't have any electrical boxes in my ceilings in any of the rooms in my house. I would like to install recessed lighting in family room, kitchen, and living room. What is ballpark costs to have this installed? ? I would also like to get ceiling fans installed in the 4 bedrooms. What is...

Recessed Lighting Placement [ 1 Answers ]

When installing 6" IC Recessed lighting cans, it's my understanding the the "can" part of the light can actually come into contact with fiberglass insullation due to the IC rating. What about other materials such as a PVC bathroom drain from the floor above? I'm installing four lights in a new...

Recessed lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I am renovating the kitchen and would like to know in a kitchen with the dimensions of 14ft by 11ft space how many ceiling lights would be required? Is there a minimum that you should have for that amt of space and how far from the wall should they be and how far apart from each other. Thank you

View more questions Search