Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidh06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 11:07 PM
    Will a Hampton Bay Fan or HarborB remote work to replace a Hunter fan remote control?
    I bought a used Hunter fan Model 23530 and it is missing the remote control Model 85095-01, Freq: 350Mhz, Battery 12V, Type 23A, MN-21 or equivalent. I have several Hampton Bay fan remotes that work. I also have a Harbor Breeze fan remote that I could use. They have the same functions and features as the Hunter fan.

If I set the dip switch code the same will the work as a replacement for the Hunter fan remote? I don't know if the operate on the same frequency.
    If not where is the best place to buy a replacement remote Model 85095-01 for the Hunter fan?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 07:13 AM

Do not mix mix a remote from one brand with a receiver from another. The dip switches must match bu so does the exact frequency. You can buy a universal remote kit with both units for about $35 at Home Depot and many other box stores

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a hunter remote going to work on a hampton bay fan? [ 1 Answers ]

Installed hunter remote kit on hampton bay fan. Seemed to work, but fan started and stopped occasionally by itself. Moved dip switches on remote and receiver to rule out interference. Won't work at all now.

Wiring to replace Hampton Bay remote on Hunter fan [ 1 Answers ]

My old Hampton Bay remote seems to be interfering with the light on the Hunter fan (fan worked, but not the light until I took the remote off then everything works). Two weeks ago everything was fine, so in theory crossing the brands should be okay, right? Receiver has a black and white to...

My hampton bay fan w/remote control doesn't work [ 7 Answers ]

Can you tell me why my hampton bay fan w/remote has stopped working? We had them installed 2 years ago by an electrician. They worked until now. The remote works, the red light comes on. We can't find our owners manual and wondering where we can get one. Thanks to anyone who can help

Replace a Hampton Bay Fan or a remote control for a new fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have two ceiling fans with four lights in the same room. One fan doesn't work. Was told that the motor is bad. Would like to find another or the same fan Hampton Bay model 523 971(523-974) or a similar fan in antique gold with four lights. Found one that is similar from Home Depot Hampton Bay...

View more questions Search