My house has 200 amp service. I am running power to my new shed 250 feet from the house and need no more than 60 amps. What size wire (direct bury) do I need and should I be looking at copper or aluminum?

Also, is there a formula to calculate the wire size based on amps, distance, voltage drop, etc. that a layman can use? Thanks.