I have a 150 amp service feeding a 100 amp main lug sub panel. I need to move the sub panel to another location during a remodel. My question is what size copper wire is needed to lengthin the panel feeds, including the ground. The total distance from the main is approx. 40 feet. Planning to use insulated bugs on the mains.
My plan is to pull all necessary circuits from existing panel location into the attic and use a getter box to make up joints to lengthen the circuits. This box being a 10"x10" galvanized should be grounded. Is this correct?
In additon to these concernes, I have investigated the existing sub panel and found whoever installed it landed the ground from the main to the neutral buss bar. This should have its own ground buss bar. Am I correct on this?
Any helo would be greatly appreciated.